Saturday, May 17, 2008

Two down, one to go. My thirty-six hour weekend of work has been whittled down and I have only one more twelve hour shift to go. On my weekend to work, no scrapbooking gets done. It's just work, sleep, get up, go to work, sleep, get up. The weather is finally decent. Spring has been a long time coming. I was finally able to shed my winter coat and just wear a hoody. Now I'm hoping my yard magically landscapes itself. But alas, it's not going to happen. I'm not very good at growing things although my intentions are good. I have some cactus that I plucked from a pasture in Texas. Now keep in mind, they were not planted in the pasture, so they're probably a weed, but I have an affinity for cactus, probably because they are low maintenance. They're in two big pots and have lived for a year. Our climate is much different that that of Texas, so I did have to bring them inside for the winter and they did survive. I bought some wooden flowers and some colorful pinwheels at the dollar store and thought I would have a plantless garden......don't know what the neighbors will think of that. Actually, I do more gardening in my head than I do outside. If everyone else could visualize what I do, my job would be a lot easier. Oh, well, I'm off to bet so I can get up again in the morning. More garden talk later.

No comments: