Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today as I was scrapping....or as my husband calls it, "making stuff"..... i was clearing some scraps off my table and (gasp) throwing them away. I started thinking about all the little bits of wasted paper, and it reminded me of my mother. She used to sew almost all of our clothes and I swear, she could take one-third of a yard of material and make a floor length dress and have fabric left over for a shawl. She would not have thrown those scraps away and probably could have made a 12 x 12 album with them. They really were just little scraps, none bigger than two inches wide and most smaller. I do have a drawer full of scraps and I just feel that I have to draw the line somewhere. If I had kept all the scraps I've generated, we'd probably have to move out of the house. It's already getting crowded as it is with all the full sheets of paper.

No comments: